The safety products specialist also offers a range of respirators for use by personnel involved in asbestos removal jobs. Asbestos particles, when inhaled in sufficient quantities over a period of time can cause diseases such as pleural plaques, asbestosis, mesothelioma and lung cancer.
Honeywell Safety Products provides a range of safety and personal protective equipment, designed to offer best-in-class safety, quality and performance when working with asbestos.
Optifit Convertible P3 rated air purifying respirators
The company recommends the Optifit Convertible P3 rated full face powered air purifying respirators for asbestos removal. The Optifit Convertible PAPR includes a full face-piece, P3 filter, blower unit (providing a flow rate of 170 lpm), power cord, battery pack and filter shower cap.
Key features of Optifit Convertible P3 rated air purifying respirators:
- Distortion-free visibility and optical clarity with a replaceable, impact-resistant polycarbonate lens treated with anti-scratch coating
- Silicone skirt offers exceptional durability and comfort
- Nose cup prevents fogging
- Moulded-in speaking diaphragm provides improved audio transmission for clear communication
- Available in three sizes (small, medium and large) to suit different users
- Choice of 5-point strap or black industrial mesh head net to fit comfort levels
- P3 rated filter provides filtering efficiency of greater than 99.95% as required under ASNZS 1716: 2012
- Filter shower cap protects the filter when the mask is put through a decontamination shower following asbestos exposure
- Certified to ASNZS 1716: 2012 Lic SMK 0952
- Meets ANSI/UL 913 standard for intrinsically safe apparatus for use in Class 1, Division 1, Groups A, B, C and D hazardous locations
P1 or P2 disposable respirators
Honeywell Safety Products recommends P1 or P2 disposable respirators for people working around asbestos, but not responsible for its removal.
These disposable respirators include the 5110 Cup shape dust respirators P1 unvalved, 4110 Flatfold respirators P1 unvalved, the 5210 Premium respirators P2 unvalved and 4210 Flatfold respirators P2 unvalved.
Key features of P1 or P2 disposable respirators:
- No restriction of vision or communication, allowing the user to work safely and efficiently
- Designed to fit in combination with eyewear
- Low breathing resistance encourages longer wear time by improving the wearer’s comfort
- Humidity resistant and hypoallergenic filter ensure maximum respirator service life
- Durable, latex-free suspension straps eliminate pre-stretching
- Flame retardant outer shell ensures greater safety
- Disposable masks offer resistance to clogging
- Latex, silicone and PVC-free construction eliminates allergy concerns among workers
- Certified to AS/NZS 1716:2003 standards