Honeywell Safety Products specialises in a wide range of safety protection products and equipment for use in a variety of environments and applications.
The new Salisbury insulated tools range combines safety, comfort and innovation to include wrenches, pliers, cutters, screwdrivers, sockets and tool kits, which can be used within environments exposed to hazardous, flammable or combustible vapours, liquids, dusts or residues. The insulated tools are ideal for use in shipyards, laboratories and paper and pulp mills as well as in the pharmaceutical, food product manufacturing, wine and mining industries among others.
Manufactured from special aluminium-bronze and copper-beryllium alloys, the new non sparking safety tools use the same high impact-resistant, flame-retardant insulating material as the traditional line of insulated hand tools.
The insulation features colour-coded layers for simplified safety inspection. If the yellow under layer is exposed, the insulation may have worn out and should be considered for replacement, adding to the tools’ overall safety.
Key features of Salisbury insulated tools range:
- Ideal for use in industries where non-sparking safety tools are required
- Specifically designed to eliminate risk of sparks at work sites exposed to explosive atmospheres
- Colour coded layers including a blue top layer and yellow under layer allow for easy safety inspection
- Drop-forged and corrosion-resistant
- Non-magnetic feature allows use on special machinery with powerful magnets such as MRI machines, military demining and explosives
- Rated for exposure up to 1000 VAC and dielectrically tested at 10,000 VAC
- Also meets and exceeds ASTM 1505-07 and IEC 900 standards
- Compliance with OSHA 1910.333 (c)(2) and NFPA, as well as CSA-2462 standards