Every year numerous workers across Australia suffer the effects of electric shock, which can include burns, painful muscle contractions, respiratory paralysis, heart paralysis and sometimes, even death. Safe Work Australia (2010) statistics show that 71 people were fatally injured at work between 2003 and 2008, deaths that could possibly have been prevented with the use of properly fitted personal protective gear.
Honeywell Safety Products, a leading provider of personal protective equipment has launched the Electrosoft, a new range of insulating gloves for electrical workers.
Electrosoft functions as the first line of defence for contact with any energised component or line, providing protection to workers in a variety of electrical applications. Approved to the AS/NZS standard AS2225:1994, the 100% latex gloves rated from 650V to 4000V are suitable for use in a range of electrical conditions including low voltage to high voltage environments.
Key features of Electrosoft natural latex rubber insulating gloves:
- Natural latex base with a straight cuff for easy wear and a non-flocked lining
- Used in conjunction with leather over-gloves to provide mechanical protection against cutting and tearing
- Available in multiple sizes from size 8 through to size 11
- Packaged in a UV-resistant opaque bag for easy storage
- Storage recommended at ambient temperature, away from direct sunlight and heat
- Approved to the AS/NZS standard AS2225:1994