Industrial process plants use field devices that measure pressure, flow and level throughout the manufacturing process to support safe and efficient production. Large industrial complexes, such as those for refining crude oil can have thousands of these devices to support their manufacturing processes.
Designed to enhance communication abilities, improve operational efficiency and reduce lifecycle costs, SmartLine pressure transmitters make it easier for industrial process plants to support these field devices and promote plant reliability with their unique efficiency-enhancing features, such as a graphic display capable of showing process data in graphical formats and communicating messages from the control room.
Modular components in the Honeywell SmartLine pressure transmitters also simplify field repairs and reduce inventory required to make those repairs.
Don Maness, VP Field Products, Honeywell Process Solutions explains that SmartLine is designed to provide a low total cost of ownership at every point in the project lifecycle to help customers’ operations be more efficient, their process more accurate and their plant more reliable. This latest generation of smart transmitters was designed with input from customers and distributors.
The new SmartLine display also provides a unique platform for operator messages, comprehensive diagnostic warnings, and loop status for maintenance. These capabilities are part of the transmitter’s Smart Connection Suite, and allow control room operators to send messages to the display to make it easier and faster for field operators to identify the correct transmitter and determine required maintenance tasks.
Key features and benefits of Honeywell SmartLine pressure transmitters:
- New display supports graphical process data in easy-to-read trend lines and bar graphs, and simplifies installation
- Displays maintenance mode when integrated with Honeywell’s Experion Process Knowledge System (PKS)
- Modular design streamlines maintenance by allowing replacement of individual transmitter components instead of the entire unit even in hazardous locations
- Reduces plant lifecycle costs by providing purchasing flexibility, lowering inventory costs and reducing maintenance and repair work
- Exceeds industry norms for accuracy, response time, turndown and stability
- Provides low lifecycle cost by leveraging a modular design for configuration, installation, upgrades and maintenance
- Communicates to all automation systems through open communication protocol modules
- Enhanced security alerts and wiring polarity insensitivity
- Tamper reporting alerts the control room and records any change in the transmitters’ configuration
- Cannot be damaged by reversed wiring polarity