The new Experion Mobile Access is a powerful mobility application that provides secure remote access to Honeywell’s Experion Process Knowledge System (PKS) through mobile computing devices. Experion Mobile Access enables field operators to view and respond to live information from Experion PKS while on the move.
Advanced wireless mobility solutions maximise production uptime, reduce and prevent incidents, adapt to changes in information needs across the plant, and save deployment costs by leveraging the site’s existing IT infrastructure. With this additional information, field operators can play a greater role in operational excellence and maintenance initiatives.
As key stakeholders in operator driven reliability (ODR) programs undertaken by plants to reduce maintenance costs and increase operating efficiency, operations teams including field operators are required to become actively involved in basic and proactive maintenance activities that necessitate the use of real-time information such as process values, trends or alarms from control systems.
Experion Mobile Access, which works securely with the Experion PKS architecture and Honeywell’s OneWireless network ensures ready access to plant data for plant and field operators. This software application provides seamless field data access for plants with complex processes and expansive footprints that rely on a large mobile operator staff for proper operations, and to support the availability of process equipment.
According to Ray Rogowski, Director, Wireless Marketing, Honeywell Process Solutions, Experion Mobile Access helps field operation teams find and avert process conditions that could affect production output. The new Experion mobility application and Honeywell’s existing Field Advisor solution together help sites transform the day-to-day reliability activities as well as accelerate the adaptation of their reliability program.
Highlights of Experion Mobile Access solution:
- Leverages Honeywell’s robust Experion Distributed System Architecture (DSA) including Experion eServer technology
- Efficiently and securely delivers data to field operators throughout the facility to enhance productivity
- Web-based user interface optimised for small mobile devices used in the field such as industrial handhelds, smart phones and tablets
- Simple and quick configuration reduces engineering costs and improves system integrity
- Significantly reduces the time field personnel spend interacting with console operators, improving efficiency
- Minimises effort expended during equipment start-up and changeover, loop checks/trip checks and miscellaneous field maintenance tasks