Honeywell Process Solutions announces the launch of a new additive controller designed to offer precise blending of petrochemical products in hazardous areas.
Honeywell Enraf’s Fusion4 MSC-A is a highly advanced, yet easy-to-use additive controller that uses intuitive technology similar to mobile phone apps to help ensure more efficient and safer petrochemical handling operations.
Featuring a user-friendly interface, the Fusion4 MSC-A is operated using intuitive, on-screen icons, reducing training time and improving accuracy. The interface delivers detailed process data, resulting in superior operational monitoring.
According to Richard Thompson, general manager, Honeywell Enraf, the new Fusion4 MSC-A controller puts control of the operation back in the hands of the user. He adds that the new controller is more precise, secure and safe, and provides superior traceability.
The Fusion4 MSC-A is compatible with Honeywell Enraf’s safe area device monitoring software package Fusion4 Portal for remote monitoring and configuration of hazardous area devices, as well as MID-approved bill of lading printing, scheduled summary printing, alarm management and transaction audit trails to boost efficiency and compliance.
Supplied as a standalone device or coupled with additive injection hardware for a complete off-the-shelf additive solution, Fusion4 MSC-A controllers allow any downstream oil and gas operation to add standalone additive injection capability, seamlessly integrating with industry standard terminal automation systems and load computers, and avoiding the need for expensive alterations to existing equipment and infrastructure.
The Fusion4 portfolio also includes the Fusion4 MiniPak single stream additive controller and Fusion4 BioBlend and Microblender blend controllers. Honeywell Enraf has approximately 100,000 additive injectors in operation worldwide.
Key features of Fusion4 MSC-A additive controllers:
- Capable of live data transfer in hazardous areas
- Safe, secure two-way data communication with the handheld Fusion4 Local Access Device allows rapid transfer of transaction data, configuration files and calibration records
- Advanced process monitoring and control for up to 12 streams simultaneously at the load rack
- Detailed transactional data, alarms, diagnostics and calibration event logging for a secure audit trail for business and regulatory auditing
- Fast, efficient management of multiple systems and sites