Weatherproof IR CCTV cameras offered by Hidden Camera Surveillance utilises the latest H.264 codec with built-in DVR.
The DVR functions in the CCTV surveillance cameras are similar to most advanced DVR systems with the exception of networking but include features such as motion detection recording and an internal SD memory card from 2GB to 32GB.
How does it work?
Conventional CCTV cameras are designed to see and not record. The recording is done by connecting the CCTV camera to a digital video recorder using cables.
The SD Card DVR camera is similar to any modern outdoor colour IR camera with a big difference: it can also record without the need for a DVR system.
The built-in IR feature allows the CCTV security cameras to even see and record in the dark from a distance of 15m-30m depending on the focal length.
Built-in DVR cameras feature a built-in vary focal lens so that the user may select a wide angle or simply adjust the lens for a narrower and closer view.
SD memory cards are available anywhere from 1GB to 32GB, so the larger the card capacity, the more video recording it can save and store.
The DVR camera works on the same principle as a DVR system. The camera can be set to record constantly or in motion detection mode. By using the motion detection feature there is no wasted memory space. When any person or vehicle moves within range, the event will be saved to the internal memory card.
Only a TV monitor or a PC is required to view the digital video recording. The IR CCTV cameras are supplied with a wireless remote control. By connecting the camera directly to a TV monitor, one can see exactly what the camera sees. Using the Menu key on the remote controller, the user can program the camera as desired.
Key features of IR CCTV cameras with built-in DVR
- Motion detection recording with user-selected duration of recording when motion is detected
- Choice of recording speeds: Real-time 25fps, 12fps or 6fps
- Scheduled recording allows the user to program the camera to start and stop recording at nominated times
- Live viewing on TV or PC
- Motion detection zones can be set
- Recording quality can be set to low, medium or high
- SD DVR camera can be pre-programmed to stop recording when the memory card is full or set to Recycle mode allowing over-writing of recordings made earlier
When mounting the weatherproof camera on a wall or beneath an eave, the camera needs to be connected to a power source.
Playing back recordings
Playing back the video recordings is simple. One option is to run a lead from the camera to a TV monitor and aim the remote control at it. The TV monitor will show the recordings using the On Screen Display feature.
One can use the remote control to select a calendar date and time to instantly playback all recordings or any motion detection event recording during the selected period. Functions such as Fast Forward, Rewind, Freeze Frame and Enhance are all available in the DVR CAM.
The other option is to remove the memory card from the camera and view the recordings on a PC with any AVI program such as Windows Media Player or VLC. The used memory card can be replaced with a fresh SD card.
How much can a memory card record?
There are many factors to take into consideration starting with the memory card capacity. Taking an 8GB SD card as standard, if the camera is set to Constant Recording at the highest recording quality and fastest recording speed of 25FPS, memory will be used at the rate of approximately 1GB per hour.
Recording capacity is doubled or tripled if a slightly lower quality recording and slower recording speed (12FPS) is selected.
Motion detection recording on the other hand, will only use up small amounts of memory since the camera is programmed to record only when movement is detected. Consequently, there is potential for days or weeks of recording based on the duration of each motion detection event.
Key features of ET-DVR-GCC200A IR motion detection cameras
- IR camera with built-in DVR
- Built-in motion detection recording or constant recording options
- Supports up to 32GB SDHC memory cards
- High definition H.264 recording and playback
- Video Recording Resolution: 720x576 PAL or 720x480 NTSC
- Allows for multi-mode recording
- Easy to operate OSD menu for set-up and adjustment
- Wireless remote controller for ‘One Touch’ video recording and set-up
Specifications of IR surveillance cameras with built-in DVR
- Video System: PAL/NTSC
- CCD image: 1/3 inch SONY CCD
- Number of pixels: PAL 512 (H) X 582 (V)/ NTSC 512 (H) X 492 (V)
- Horizontal resolution: 480TVL
- Lens: Vary focal 4-9mm/ F1.4
- Minimum illumination: 0 Lux/ F1.2 (IR LED on)
- S/N ratio: 48dB
- IR viewing distance: 15-30m
- AGC: Auto
- White balance: Auto
- Waterproof rating: IP 65
- Video record format: JPEG/MPEG
- Record resolution: 720x576 PAL/ 720x480 NTSC
- Storage media: SD card 2GB-32G
- Working temperature: 20ºC to 50ºC
- Power: DC 12V 1000mA