Signage systems specialist, Hi-Vis Signs and Safety emphasises the importance of visibility of safety signage in any working environment from maximum viewing distance and from the most acute of angles.
Safety and directional signage, especially on mine sites must be clearly visible. Due to the harsh working environment and the overall size of machinery, signage must be manufactured from high quality reflective sheeting.
Key factors to consider for site signage include age of existing signage, size of signage, contrast of signage to the surrounding area and compliance with AS/NZS 1906.1.
Hi-Vis Signs and Safety recommends:
Diamond Grade 3
- Brightness performance: Superior
- Angularity performance: Superior
- Recommended for use on exterior and traffic signage in short sign approach or disadvantaged sign locations (mine sites)
- Brightness performance: High
- Angularity performance: Good
- Recommended for use on exterior and traffic signage where night time visibility is required
- Brightness performance: Low
- Angularity performance: Fair
- Not recommended for use on exterior signage where night time visibility is required