HI-TECH Metrology has announced the release and immediate availability of PC-DMIS Version 3.6 on all Sheffield CMMs past and present.
Developed in response to comments and suggestion from a user base of over 15,000, this release significantly extends the software's functionality and enhances its usability.
Several areas of particular significance to our user community are:
* Displays models up to 60% faster while reducing the memory space needed to store them by more than 50%.
* Extends the underlying EMS (enterprise metrology solutions) architecture allowing for the imminent introduction of three new products, PC-DMIS NC, PC-DMIS Vision and PC-DMIS Inspection Planner and laying the foundation for future growth of the product family.
* Introduces 'ONE Touch' technology, an easy to use touch screen interface.
* Animates tool changer operation in both machine and probing simulations.
* Adds additional automation capabilities and expressions, making it much easier to build software extensions and enhancements.
* Enhances the UG Direct CADTM Interface (DCI) to support assemblies and invisible layers. Adds compatibility with versions 16, 17, 18, NXI.0 and NX2.0.
* Modifies the CATIA Direct CAD interface to support CATIA V5.0.
* Supports the latest SolidWorks release with the SolidWorks Direct CADTM Interface.
* Adds support for a many as four arms on a multi-arm CMM.
* Manages ultra-long extensions and probe build-ups without loss of accuracy.
* Enhances analogue probing capabilities to support Renishaw's SP25 and the SP80.
PC-DMIS, the world's most advanced CMM software, is the centrepiece of Wilcox Associate's Enterprise Metrology Solutions product group.
It is now standard equipment on all Sheffield Measurement CMMs and is also available as an upgrade to all existing Sheffield users. PC-DMIS can also be used to upgrade all brands of Non-Sheffield CMMs.
HI-Tech Metrology is an Australian company dedicated to supporting some of the finest automated and manual measurement systems available from around the world. Products include small portable Surface Texture Instruments through to large Gantry style Coordinate Measuring Machines with equipment available to suit almost every industrial metrology application.