Heraeus Amba Australia’s mercury medium pressure UV lamps for disinfection are part of Heraeus’ disinfection and oxidation line. The medium pressure UV lamps are particularly suitable for photochemical processes, municipal and industrial plants, wastewater disinfection, drinking water treatment plants and activated water oxidation due to their high UV intensity.
Features and benefits of Heraeus' medium pressure UV lamps include:
- broadband emission in UV
- light spectral from 200nm to 600nm (wavelength range is around 200nm - the UV radiation produces OH-radicals from H2O2 which are used for oxidation of organic materials)
- high power density of around 100 W/cm2
- strong UV radiation flux-creates high penetration depth and very good disinfection
- compact design
- the spectra for photochemical applications can be optimised by doping additions
Heraeus' medium pressure UV lamp types:
- DQ lamps: for primary objective of disinfection have a high radiation output in the UVC spectrum with spectral lines from 200 nm to 600nm. Power range is between 0.4 to 10kW. The DQ lamps emit temperatures of 600 – 900 °C.
- QC lamps: for the primary objective of both disinfection and oxidation, QC lamps have an increased output with good germicidal and oxidation action and can handle spectral lines from 200nm to 600nm. Power range is between 1 - 60 kW. The QC lamps emit temperatures of 800 to 900 °C.