Heraeus Amba Australia’s external trigger transformers are specifically made for the triggering of lamps, primarily for arc and pulse lamps.
Arc lamps generally require a trigger pulse in order to cause the initial ionisation of the gas and for the lamp to work. Heraeus' external trigger transformers for arc and pulse lamps are designed specifically to trigger this necessary pulse.
Similarly, pulse lamps without a simmer supply, generally need to be triggered for every pulse using a trigger transformer. Simmered pulse and CW pulse lamps are only triggered when the lamp is switched on.
Technical features of Heraeus’ external trigger transformers:
- pulse is usually in the order of 20 – 30 kV with pulse width of a few microseconds
- triggering method: external for convenience
- four models available with maximum input voltage ranges from 200 – 400
- output voltage is (kV) 20 – 26
- diameter ranges (mm) from 12.7 – 26
- length of trigger transformers available between (mm): 16.5 – 38