HEASTERN Industries has announced a novel and unique multi-ranging polymer melt pressure transducer for the extrusion industry - the Dynisco MRT.
The new transducer incorporates an integral thermocouple, allowing simultaneous polymer melt temperature measurement in addition to pressure.
The multi range (pressure only) selection features offer maximum versatility to handle changing process conditions and changing extruder raw materials.
In addition, inventory flexibility is enhanced -- industry users need only stock one MRT transducer for a variety of extruder measurement and control applications such as:
* Determining screw performance.
* Determining back-pressure at the extruder screen.
* Determining pressure at extruder profile outlet.
* Monitoring die pressure movement to determine stability, consistency and quality of extruder output.
Key features of the transducer include:
* Accuracy of better than ±0.5%.
* Range selection by rotary switch.
* Four user-selectable ranges to maximise inventory flexibility and to allow same transducer usage under changing process conditions.
* High stability, minimum hysteresis with good repeatability and all stainless steel wetted parts.