A versatile and somewhat unique miniature infrared temperature sensor / transmitter has been released in Australia through Heastern Industries.
Designed to offer maximum flexibility and features, the small compact unit is packaged for ease on mounting and operation in all types of environments.
The model VL IR temperature sensor comes in 2 parts:
(1) An ultra-compact sensing head for use in confined of spaces, offering maximum flexibility and ease of mounting, and
(2) A remote signal processing electronics module, which incorporates a local backlit LCD temperature indicating display, as well as all the controls
The model VL IR temperature sensor has a temperature measurement range of - 40ºC to 700ºC, with a response time of just 180ms.
The model VL IR temperature sensor has a narrow 10:1 Field Of View, and incorporates an adjustable emissivity setting, making it suitable to measure several types of target materials.
Standard to the Model VL IR is a choice of output types:
* 0 / 4 to 20mA or 0 to 5V dc out or
* Thermocouple output in type J or
* Type K or an RS-485 interface for connection to a PC
Thus, with this wide choice of output style, the Model VL IR is well suited for use with several types of process control instrumentation.
To compliment this wide range of outputs, the model VL also provides a digital relay output, (the setpoint and hysteresis of which can be adjusted within the electronics module).
Finally, the compact sensing head of the model VL IR is made from stainless steel, and is sealed to IP65. The unit can operate in ambient temperatures of up to 85ºC without cooling, or 200ºC with air-cooling and purging accessories.