Mathematica is an integrated software system that offers unprecedented workflow, coherence, reliability and innovation to deliver an advanced technical computing environment.
The software seamlessly integrates a numeric and symbolic computational engine, graphics system, programming language, documentation system, and advanced connectivity to other applications.
An amazing yet easy-to-use calculator at the superficial level, Mathematica is more than a computation software and can be used for modelling, simulation, visualisation, development, documentation, and deployment.
While working through calculations, a notebook document keeps a complete report encompassing inputs, outputs and graphics in an interactive but typeset form. Adding text, headings, formulas from a textbook, or even interface elements is straightforward, making online slide show, web, XML, or printed presentations immediately available from the original material.
Notebook document technology allows a fully customised interface to be easily provided so that recipients can interact with the content. The notebook is a fully featured, fully integrated technical document creation environment.
Top 8 reasons to upgrade to Mathematica 8 software:
- Enter queries in plain English using new free-form linguistic input
- Access more than 10 trillion sets of curated, up-to-date, and ready-to-use data from Wolfram|Alpha, the world's first computational knowledge engine
- Import all data into the workflow using a wider array of import/export formats including elevation, satellite, seismology, microarray, graph and even the latest Microsoft Excel file format
- Use broad statistical distributions and data visualisation capabilities including many new statistical and financial charts that take full advantage of Mathematica 8's automation and flexibility for clearer results
- Choose from a full suite of built-in engineering tools such as wavelets and control systems
- Use powerful image processing and analysis capabilities with many new algorithms in areas like filtering, segmentation, shape analysis and feature detection
- Create interactive tools for rapid exploration of ideas including charts of results, interactive models, or prototyped projects using Mathematica 8's Manipulate command
- Develop faster and more powerful applications with new support for CUDA and OpenCL GPU computation; also compiling directly to C with new code generation tools