Available from Hawk Measurement Systems , ORCA sonar bed level transducers emit a high powered acoustic pulse that is reflected from the interface density selected.
The reflected signal from the measurement transducers is processed utilising specifically developed software algorithms, eliminating lighter floating densities and stratified layers. This allows measurement of "RAS" or "BED" levels.
Soanar bed level transducers can be calibrated to measure lighter densities like "FLOC" or one of the outputs could be used for a "CLARITY" output which is similar to a basic turbidity transmitter that measures solids in suspension.
By choosing the correct sonar transducer frequency, the ORCA sonar guarantees the optimised performance when measuring light and heavy density interfaces.
These ORCA sonar bed level transducers’ primary areas of application include:
- Sewage and wastewater
- Lagoons – Bed sludge level
- Lamella Clarifier – Bed level and floc level
- Primary Sedimentation – Blanket Level
- Secondary and final Clarifiers – RAS Blanket and fluff/pin floc layer
- Thickeners and DAF – Bed level and clarity of water
- Sequential Batch Reactors – Blanket monitoring (floating sonar)
- Mining / Process
- Settling ponds/lagoons
- Water treatment
- Carbon columns
More information on ORCA sonar bed level transducers is available from Hawk Measurement Systems.