Hawk Measurement Systems announces the release of the new Hawk Sultan sonar for flocculent interface or sludge bed level measurement in the water and wastewater industry.
The new Sultan sonar sludge bed level transmitter from Hawk Measurement Systems provides reliable flocculent interface or sludge bed level measurement in sedimentation basins in environmental applications.
Hawk’s acoustic sonar, the technology used in this measurement application is a transducer, which is slightly submerged in the liquid and transmits acoustic waves through the dense settling hindered layer and can detect either the height of the sludge bed or the flocculent interface level.
Jerry Boisvert, Business Development/Marketing Specialist for Hawk Measurement explains that the new Sultan sonar fits a niche in the municipal water and wastewater segments, and is built on the same proven technology as their Orca industrial bed level controller, which is recognised in the mining and power industries for providing robust and dependable bed level measurements in harsh environments.
Key features of Hawk Sultan sonar:
- Improved control and efficiency of the treatment process
- Fully automated plant systems based on reliable sludge blanket level monitoring
- Reduced operational costs with improved process control for downstream operations
- Advanced warning of biological upset or hydraulic imbalance
- Reduced maintenance and 5-year warranty on the cleaning mechanism (no blades to replace)
- Improved health and safety on site