With road regulations, productivity and cost pressures playing more prominent roles in today’s market, haulage and trucking companies are on a constant search for improvements in container transport.
Introduced at the Brisbane Truck Show earlier this year, the Hammar A-Double side loader from Hammar Australia has proven itself as a great way to improve productivity in container handling. The Hammar Side loaders allow user to legally lift and carry 33 tonne containers.*
Features of the A-Double side loaders:
- The Hammar A-Double allows the user to legally lift and carry up to 33 tonne containers, with mass management and on approved B-Double routes, or approximately 29 tonnes, without mass management.
- The unit allows the user to carry one heavy container, without the need for a companion vehicle, normally a skel and prime mover combination.
- The A-Double saves time and labour by allowing the heavy container to be loaded on the B trailer. To provide sufficient traction on the drive axles, the side loader cranes are moved forward on the A-trailer.
- Already proven in Europe for some five years now, the A-Double allows the user to carry up to three 20’ containers, or one 20’ and one 40’ container. With mass management this means that up to 43 tonnes, on about a 20 and 23 tonne split, can be carried, using approved B-Double routes.
- The A-Double side loader acts like a normal 20’-40’ unit, with the added features of a turntable as an A trailer, in a B-Double combination. The turntable is supplied as part of the package.
* with mass management and using approved B-double routes