The new and unique Pipescan service from Greenbank , a division of Halley & Mellowes , is an innovative pipe wear monitoring system that will detect and measure subtle changes to the internal pipe diameter due to wear. Using an internal diameter measuring probe and a video camera, quick and accurate measurements and quantification of pipe wear can be carried out.
All information is entered into a database following each Pipescan survey. A customer report is then generated highlighting pipe condition, wear rates, predicted pipe life, maintenance recommendations and budget cost projections.
The database is regularly updated with each service to ensure the maximum life of the pipeline is achieved while at the same time optimising plant availability.
The benefits of Impactalum are as follows:
- Cost reduction
- Elimination of unscheduled pipe failure shutdowns
- Low maintenance costs
- Maximisation of pipe life
- Increase in the pipe availability
- Prediction of the pipes that will be needed and the time they will be needed
- Allows forward planning for maintenance
- Provides accurate annual budget expenditure forecasts
- Enables company to coincide pipe maintenance with scheduled plant shutdowns
- Release maintenance crews from more critical work