Hach 1720E Low Range Process Turbidity Meter supplied by Accurate Detection provides the sensitivity, stability and flexibility necessary to continuously track the low levels of turbidity found in high-quality filtered water.
Equipped with the new dual-input digital sc100 controller, the Hach 1720E Low Range Process Turbidity Meter is easy to calibrate and operate, and requires little maintenance.
A basic system consists of one sc100 Controller and one 1720E Turbidity sensor. The addition of a second 1720E turbidity sensor gives you two complete Turbidity Meters.
Continuously-flowing sample enters the Hach 1720E Low Range Process Turbidity Meter body and flows through a patented bubble removal system, which vents entrained air from the sample stream.
After travelling through the bubble removal system, sample enters the centre column of the Hach 1720E Low Range Process Turbidity Meter, rises into the measuring chamber and spills over the weir into the drain port.
Turbidity is measured by directing an incandescent light from the sensor head assembly down into the sample in the Hach 1720E Low Range Process Turbidity Meter body. Light scattered at 90° by suspended particles in the sample is detected by the sensor's submerged photocell. The amount of light scattered is proportional to the amount of turbidity in the sample.
Features of the Hach 1720E Low Range Process Turbidity Meter from Accurate Detection:
- Easy to install- Plug and play sensors
- Reduced Instrumentation- New controller accepts up to two sensors
- No need for backup systems- Built-in data logger
- Eliminates false high readings at low levels- Built-in bubble removal system
- Versatile data management/communication-Choose analogue, wireless IR port or use existing AquaTrend network
- Suitable for regulatory reporting- instrument design compliant with USEPA Method 180.1
Range: 0 to 100 Nephelometric Turbidity Units
Accuracy: ± 2% of reading or ± 0.015 NTU (whichever is greater) from 0 to 40 NTU; ± 5% of reading from 40 to 100 NTU