KRAUSS-Maffei of Germany is experiencing strong growth with its range of vertical clamp Petform PET preform manufacturing systems, according to distributor HBM Plastics .
Sales of a minimum of one system per week are projected over the next 12 months in markets in Asia and Eastern Bloc countries where the switch to PET bottles is still experiencing strong growth particularly in 'hot fill ' applications.
Krauss Maffei also report recent sales of Petform systems into the demanding Australian PET preform market.
Benefits of the Petform range include:
* Four (4) position integrated cooling station ensuring that performs are cooled for a minimum of 3 1/2 cycles before being conveyed to the packing station.
* External perform 'after-cooling' (PAC) device for internal cooling of performs.
* Clean, grease-free compact 2-platen clamp design providing increased platen area thus enabling high preform cavitations (96-cavity for 300-tonne clamp system).
* High clamp integrity with precision guide elements ensuring 100% parallelism due to the vertical clamp design which prolongs tool life and significantly reduces wear on critical areas such as thread splits.
* High speed take-out robot which reduces mould open time.
* Integrated robot controls within the machine controller.
* Wide range of cavitations from 8 to 96-cavity configurations.
* Quick colour changeover times (usually 10 shots).