MACA Engineering, Italian manufacturer of machinery for the assembly and cutting of aluminium and plastics caps, has released a new high speed slitting – folding machine. Available from HBM Packaging & Plastics Technologies in Australia, the ITVE – MRR machine has been designed for cutting the tamper evident band and folding the inner flap of plastic closures. It is suitable for use on plastic closures such as those used for mineral water, soft drinks and dairy beverages.
The machine comes available in two models – The ‘FAST’ model which has 8, 10 or 12 heads, with outputs from 48,000 to 72,000 pcs / hour. The ‘SUPERFAST’ model has 16 or 20 heads and an output of 96,000 to 120,000 pcs/hour.
Features of both machines include:
- Loading and discharging stars synchronised to the main flywheel with photocell control.
- A second optional flywheel is dedicated to folding the inner flaps of the closure
- External cutting blades for fast replacement and changeover
- Fast changeover for closures with different diameters.
- The discharge conveyor is fitted with a vacuum to allow the integration of a vision system
- A box diverter for loading 2 boxes
- Compact design for minimal footprint
Available options include a system for pre-heating the closures, pinhole detection system, ionisation system, dust aspiration system and noise abatement protection.