KRAUSS-Maffei Extrusion of Munich Germany has released a new 'spiral distributor pipe die head' for the production of polyolefin pipes.
Available through HBM Plastics Technologies , the range of nine die heads is capable of producing poly pipe from 10mm diameter up to 1600mm diameter with wall sections ranging from 1.8mm to 68mm.
Developed in collaboration with scientists from the University of Paderborn, Central Germany, the new range meets the high throughput requirements of the recently released 36:1 L/D Krauss Maffei range of single screw extruders capable of up to 1700kg per hour output.
Focusing on rheological design criteria the new die heads have achieved the following benefits:
* Elimination of 'dead spots and stagnation zones.
* Minimised pressure drop.
* Reduced melt temperature ensuring low internal stress.
* Significantly improved colour changeover times.
* Up to 30% output improvement compared to earlier designs.
* Improved wall section consistency which is less than 50% of the DIN standard tolerance.
* Very smooth internal bore.
* Simplified assembly and dis-assembly ensures minimum set-up times and ease of cleaning