OCME from Italy has reported considerable success with their specialised Libra filler for the personal care (shampoo/conditioner) market.
They have sold nine systems in the 24 to 48 filler head range in the last 18 months. OCME is represented in Australia by HBM Plastics & Packaging Technologies .
Significant cost benefits are now available to manufacturers of personnel care products as production can now be tailored according to specific product (such as fragrance) demand.
The concept eliminates the requirement for batch manufacturing of each fragrance, by allowing the bulk manufacture of the base product only and then introducing the fragrance and colour at the mouth of the container.
Benefits of Libra include:
* Faster product changeover (tool free)
* Simplified manufacturing of product components with commensurate cost reduction
* Elimination of batch manufacturing
* Load cell technology ensuring precise product volume
* Capability of filling 'high viscous' products
* Elimination of aeration and foaming of the product
* Zero drip at nozzle for highly viscous product.
The Libra filler range is capable of handling containers from 50ml to 5L with outputs from 3,600 to 60,000 containers per hour.
The equipment, featuring filling head configurations of up to 112 stations, is also suitable for detergents, fabric softeners, edible oils and lube oils.