Krauss Maffei Extrusion of Munich, Germany, represented in Oceania by HBM Packaging & Plastics Technologies , have announced the release of a new 36D twin screw extruder range with single venting as a result of a joint development in collaboration with Wavin N.V, European manufacturer of innovative pipe systems.
Designed for optimal processing of highly filled PVC pipe formulations, it is ideal for producing U-PVC and M-PVC pipe, foam-core PVC pipe, PVC-O (biax) pipe and pipe with very high chalk content (over 30%).
The new HPG (high performance geometry) screw design with extended pre-heating and metering zone together with extended mixing head ensures outstanding melt homogeneity required by these formulations and higher output.
Moving the vacuum venting point closer to the feed opening has made it possible to sharply reduce blowing agent consumption in the production of PVC foam-core pipe.
Benefits of the new 36D twin screw extruder range include:
- Throughput range of up to 1550kg per hour
- Increased flexibility in processing different formulations
- Optimal mixing (eg. of colour batch) and homogeneity
- Higher throughput (+10%) compared with double venting extruders
- High performance ratio
- High quality pipe with optimum surface finish
- Can be retrofitted to existing KM 36D double vented extruders