The UK branch of OCME S.r.l has received the 2013 IMHX (International Materials Handling Exhibition) Design 4 Safety Awards in the automation category for their Auriga laser guided vehicles.
OCME is a world-leading Italian manufacturer of packaging, filling, handling and palletising systems for the beverage and consumer products industries.
Distributed in Birmingham, UK last month at the International Materials Handling Exhibition, the IMHX Design 4 Safety Awards showcases the material handling industry’s deep commitment to safety, as demonstrated in innovative safety design features in products and procedures.
The Auriga is a laser guided system designed to transport goods without an operator. It follows a path verifying its position (up to 8 times per second) by detecting the reflection angle of a laser ray sent out from a laser navigator. Reflectors are positioned in inconspicuous locations and can be easily moved to cater for future site expansion.
The inbuilt safety systems guarantee a safe working environment. If the system detects movement in the shuttle operating zone, the combined action of sensors and bumpers will automatically interrupt the shuttle movement. With its ability to run on uneven floors, the Auriga LGV does not require any physical modification to be made to the site.
Key features and advantages of the OCME Auriga laser guided vehicles:
- High speed movement up to 1500mm/sec
- Position and movement accuracy of +5mm
- Maximum load of 6 tonne based on model
- Lift height of 6 metres
- Up to 3 pallet width capability with patented auto tyne adjustment feature
- Simple and fast installation and easily customised for future expansion or changes
- Automatic system for battery recharging
- WMS (warehouse management system) included
- Real time tracking of logistic cycle and product placement