OCME ALTAIR and OCME VEGA packaging machines have recently been installed and commissioned by OCME S.r.l. for the new Bluetongue Brewery that was recently opened in Warnervale near Sydney.
OCME S.r.l. from Parma Italy is a world leader in packaging machines as well as filling, handling and palletising systems for food and beverage industries around the world.
The new state-of-the-art Bluetongue Brewery is built by Pacific Beverages, a joint venture between SABMiller and Coca-Cola Amatil.
The new brewery has an initial annual capacity of 50 million litres with an output of 48,000 bottles per hour. The facility will expand production to 100 million litres per year within the next five years, producing various iconic Australian as well as international brands.
The two packaging machines from OCME installed at the brewery include a VEGA N80/2 shrink wrapper and an ALTAIR N40 wraparound case packer.
Key features of VEGA N80/2 shrink wrappers
- Output of 80 cycles per minute processing film on multipacks
- Can work as a single or dual track configuration based on the bundle format and the product that is being processed
Key features of ALTAIR wraparound case packers
- Capacity of 40 cases per minute
- Uses an electronic finger container format selection system
- Equipped with a high-capacity, precision carton blanks feeder magazine
- Designed to pack a wide range of containers
- Can handle fragile items such as glass bottles without breakage or label damage
OCME S.r.l. is represented in Oceania by HBM Packaging & Plastics Technologies .