OCME Altair and OCME Orion packaging machinery from OCME S.r.l., Italy have been successfully installed for the William Grant distillery in Scotland.
OCME, based in Parma, Italy is a world leader in packaging machinery as well as filling, handling and palletising systems for the food and beverage industry.
Founded in 1887, the William Grant distillery distils some of the world’s leading brands of Scotch whisky including the award-winning single malt, Glenfiddich, the Balvenie range of handcrafted single malts and various iconic brands.
The two packaging machines included an Orion HM2 in-line high level palletiser and an Altair A60 wraparound case packer with preformed partitions to replace outdated packaging machinery within the distillery.
Key features of Orion HMN2 in-line palletisers
- 2-lane in-line high level in-feed with turning and layer forming manipulator systems
- Maximum speed is up to 10 layers/ minute
- Suitable for unstable and fragile products such as Grant’s glass bottle
- Ideal for bundles, cartons, plastic crates and multipacks
Key features of Altair A60 wraparound case packers
- Processes up to 40 cases per minute
- Electronic finger container format selection system
- High-capacity, precision carton blanks feeder magazine
- Designed to pack a wide range of containers
- Handles fragile items such as glass bottles, avoiding breakages or damage to product labels
- Preformed partitions use a low-cost preassembled solid pressed cardboard to protect the containers and their labels from damage
OCME S.r.l. is represented in Oceania by HBM Packaging & Plastics Technologies .