KRAUSS-Maffei, represented by HBM Plastics Technologies , has announced the launch of the new CX range of injection moulding machines which supersedes the C Series range.
The CX machines are initially available in 35-tonne to 160-tonne clamp sizes with the release of additional machines of up to 320-tonne capacity expected over the next 12 months.
Benefits of the CX series includes:
* New high performance MC5 controller with wide functionality and operator-friendly design.
* Wide choice of standard modules with upgrade options for automotive, medical, packaging and electrical applications.
* Clean, grease-free compact 2-platen clamp technology providing increased production space.
* Rigid clamp unit with precision guide elements ensuring 100% parallel platen for reduced wear on the mould.
* Universal plasticizing systems or material-specific high performance systems.
* Tight process control and optimal wear protection for long service life and reduced maintenance costs.
* Modular screw drive concept (hydraulic or electric) for plasticizing or injection which delivers improved performance and ensures low energy consumption.
* Transparent guard panels for clear view of mould, ejector and nozzle operation and improved access.
* Clamping unit with new high capacity hydraulic system for rapid cycle times.
The CX series offers cost-effective, product-specific solutions for thermoplastic, thermoset and polyester processing.