OCME S.r.l. from Parma Italy, have announced the release of a new technology thin plate pure lead battery for their range of Auriga Laser Guided Vehicles. OCME S.r.l. is represented in Oceania by HBM Packaging & Plastics Technologies .
The new lead battery features a charging profile that enables rapid recharge of less than 3 hours at 60% DOD (with an approved charger), and has the ability to charge the battery as often as required without damaging the battery.
Key benefits of the new lead batteries include:
- Excellent life cycle (Up to 1,200 cycles at 60% DOD)
- ‘Green’ - reduced carbon footprint due to very low charge factor
- Highly recyclable
- Increased shelf life (up to 2 years at 20°C)
- Maintenance free – no topping up required
- Reduced electricity costs for recharging due to low charge factor
- Short recharge time – less than 3 hours at 60% DOD with an approved charger
- Suitable for multi-shift operations and optimises machine availability
The OCME Auriga system transports goods without the need of an operator. The use of laser technology eliminates the need to add embedded rails or to modify the site and can be easily moved to cater for future site expansion.
Advantages and features of the OCME Auriga LGV include:
- Ability to run on uneven floors
- High speed movement up to 1500mm/sec
- Lift height of 6 meters
- Maximum load of 6 tonne dependant on model
- No physical modification to site required
- Position and movement accuracy of + 5mm
- Simple and fast installation and easily customised for future expansion or changes
- Up to 3 pallet width capability with patented auto tyne adjustment feature