BarcoVision, a global leader of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) has recently installed a PlantMaster production monitoring and scheduling system for Packages Ltd of Pakistan.
Packages Ltd is a leading supplier of packaging solutions such as printed folded cartons and flexible packaging materials.
The company was previously using manual methods to manage day-to-day production scheduling and material forecasting, and realised the need for a more efficient system that could cope with customer demands and changing delivery priorities.
The BarcoVision PlantMaster MES system was chosen as it could easily integrate with the company’s SAP system while also meeting feature requirements for their production monitoring and scheduling processes.
Key features of the PlantMaster production monitoring and scheduling system:
- Downloads customer orders from SAP into the PlantMaster database, allowing the production schedulers to assign the orders to individual work centres
- Calculates delivery time for each order in the system based on the actual load of the machine and the routing for each product
- Calculates the raw materials and printing cylinders to create a work schedule
- All machines in the production plant are connected to the PlantMaster server through a wireless data collection network
- Facilitates information in real-time, updating the scheduling application and assisting in the calculation of all KPIs
BarcoVision is represented in Oceania by HBM Packaging & Plastics Technologies .