Krauss-Maffei GmbH, represented by HBM Packaging & Plastics Technologies , have released a new LRX series of linear robots for injection moulding machines. The linear robots have been designed to maximise the price/performance ratio, offering more scalability in the medium payload and machine tonnage segment. The new LRX range of linear robots now consists of seven models and covers a payload range from 5 to 100kg.
With the LRX linear robot series, application-specific automation solutions are provided based on mature standard components. The payload range is now optimised to operate with the whole range of injection moulding machines. Modular designed Krauss Maffei robots can be matched to individual customer requirements.
The following are the features of the LRX series:
- Standard layouts are available in three drop zones: in the machine’s longitudinal axis, on the operator side or on the non-operator side.
- Control unit is integrated in the robot’s Z axis.
- Parallel movements on all axis, which delivers shorter cycle times and flexibility in demoulding.
- Absolute position measurement enables the robot to identify exact positions at all times, providing additional time savings.
- Integrated real time Ethernet VARAN bus provides fast data transmission and failsafe operation.
- Robots are operator friendly and have a small footprint.