Krauss Maffei’s smallest extruder of this type, the laboratory extruder can be used by raw material manufacturers and processors to reduce their material costs.
Suitable for all commercially available hard and soft PVC mixtures, the KMD 35-26/L twin screw extruders allow formulations to be mixed in small quantities and optimised in subsequent test series before large material quantities are used in a production machine. The concept can simulate scaled down process engineering with extremely low material consumption.
According to Peter Oswald, Head of Profile & Sheet Extrusion at Krauss Maffei, processors benefit from enormous cost savings when they test the formulation on a small scale, and can therefore offer customers a premium quality end product without going through large numbers of rejects.
Key features of KMD 35-26/L twin screw extruders:
- Powerful gearbox with a comparatively high torque in spite of a small axial distance
- Internal screw tempering and barrel air cooling
- Several transducers mounted on the barrel
- Different screw geometries available for pipe, profile and sheet extrusion
- Output for profile production is 15-40kg/h and 30-70kg/h for pipe production
- Ideal for production companies in quality control tasks