Krauss Maffei Extrusion, a world leader in plastics machinery, has announced its new ZE 30 UTX twin-screw extruders, available locally from HBM Packaging & Plastics Technologies .
The final machine in the ZE series, ZE 30 UTX twin-screw extruder is a cost-effective and versatile solution for laboratory applications, recipe development and production processes with output rates ranging between 80 and 250 kg/h.
ZE 30 UTX twin screw extruders incorporate all the key features available in other machines in the range including high wear protection, short retooling time and excellent ease of operation.
According to Ralf Dahl, twin screw extruder division manager at Krauss Maffei, the new ZE 30 UTX is available in a short version for various homogenising applications in addition to extremely long variants designed for special tasks with side feeders, degassing openings and injection nozzle.
Key features of ZE 30 UTX twin-screw extruders:
- Wide variety of barrel housing and screw elements available to increase flexibility and productivity for plastic processors
- Optional Ultra Glide travelling unit (UG) allows for the melt filled extruder screws to be continuously moved backwards out of the stationary processing section within a few seconds, enabling quick evaluation
- Suitable for research and development applications, particularly in polymer research
- A series available with OD/ID ratio of 1.46 for high energy input, high shear and high torque
- R series available with OD/ID ratio of 1.74 for compounding high volume starter materials of low bulk density, for processes requiring low energy input as well for compounding applications that require extended residence times.