OCME S.r.l. from Parma Italy, in collaboration with local partner HBM Packaging Technologies , has reported the sale of a high speed packaging system to P&N Beverages for its new facility in Perth.
The system, due to be commissioned in October 2005, includes:
* One OCME VEGA Shrinkwrapper (film + tray and film only packer), capable of 100 multipacks a minute.
* One OCME GEMINI combined Wraparound Packer & Shrinkwrapper (wraparound cases, tray + film, film multipacks + film), capable of 60 packs a minute.
* Connecting conveyor system between the two machines to provide maximum versatility in pack styles and formats.
The beverage packaging equipment will handle PET bottles for water and carbonated soft drinks.
Other state-of-the-art packaging technologies available from OCME include:
* Volumetric and level fillers.
* Case packers and divider inserters.
* Traditional and robotic palletisers.
* Automatic guided vehicles.
HBM's business manager for packaging, Barton Porter, said more than 50 OCME systems were now installed in Australia and the sale of these new OCME products further strengthened OCME's position as a leading global supplier of packaging solutions.
OCME S.r.l. is represented in Oceania by HBM Packaging Technologies.