EcoPac insulating sleeves designed for energy-saving thermoplastics processing are available from Krauss Maffei of Munich Germany, a world leader in plastics machinery.
Krauss Maffei is represented in Oceania by HBM Packaging & Plastics Technologies .
Krauss Maffei found that energy consumption could be sharply reduced in thermoplastics processing by insulating the barrel of the plasticizing unit, which reduced the heat radiation.
By insulating the barrel, less heat escapes into the production environment and shorter warm-up times are required with a more homogenous temperature profile in the barrel.
EcoPac insulating sleeves were developed to optimise the energy balance of the plasticizing process by saving energy directly at the plasticizing unit.
EcoPac insulating sleeves can be easily retrofitted on standard heating bands and enable up to 40% lower energy consumption in addition to 30% reduction in warm-up time.
EcoPac insulating sleeves are suitable for high temperature applications with the ability to withstand temperatures up to 500ºC.
Key benefits of EcoPac insulating sleeves
- Lower energy consumption, saving between 20 - 40% depending on the process
- Up to 30% reduction in warm-up time
- Easily retrofitted on standard heating bands
- Separate sleeve for each heating band for quick removal during maintenance and inspection
- Temperature-resistant up to 500ºC
- PTFE coating on the sleeves for easy cleaning
- Comprehensive product range for screw sizes from SP55 to SP101000