Machineries supplied by Oystar Packaging Technologies, Davenport IA, USA, has proven to be a key factor in the success of Keurig’s single cup gourmet coffee systems in the USA.
Keurig is US supplier of single cup filtered brewing systems for people who have limited time, but still enjoy gourmet coffee. The Keurig system is based around a range of domestic and commercial/office coffee machines. Individually sealed K-Cup portion packs with optimal amount of ground coffee are used to provide flavoured coffee, without the need for grinding beans or loading filters.
Each multilayer barrier cup contains a filter, and it is airtight to prevent oxygen, moisture and humidity entering, while retaining the freshness and flavour.
Oystar Packaging Technologies engineered a purpose built version of their FP Cup Packaging System, which has the capacity to fill up to 57,500 K-cups per hour.
These machines have the following features:-
- Heavy duty stainless steel construction
- No-cup/no-fill detection that minimises wastage
- Dosing system with sequential switching for reliable accurate dosing
- Rollstock, daisy chain or pre-cut lidding system
- Bottom up fill system
- Independently controlled, self-levelling sealing system
Oystar Packaging Technologies are represented in Oceania by HBM Packaging Technologies .