KRAUSS-Maffei GmbH, represented in Australia by HBM Plastics & Packaging Technologies , has launched their new EX range of 'all electric injection-moulding machines', which supersedes its popular Eltec range.
The EX machines are available in 50t to 160t clamp sizes and feature a unique Z toggle system clamp design that offers both high speed precision and long life, low maintenance operation, coupled with direct drive technology for the injection unit.
Features of the EX series include:
* Drives that are water cooled for high efficiency and minimal energy consumption
* The cooling water is used twice over for converters and then drives
* Up to 70% energy saving versus hydraulic powered machines
* Low particle emission and negligible air turbulence for cleanroom applications
* Large platens relative to clamp tonnage are the industry leader for electric clamp technology
* Eight point toggle clamp, which is half the number normally used for conventional toggle designs
* High performance MC5 controller with wide functionality and operator-friendly design
* Rigid clamp unit with precision guide elements ensuring 100% parallel platen for reduced wear on the mould
* Sensitive mould locking for enhanced mould safety and reduced wear
* High torque, high energy density, direct drive electric motors
* 3000 bar injection capability with less that 0.5% shot weight variation
* Universal plasticising screws or material-specific high performance systems
* Transparent guard panels for clear view of mould, ejector and nozzle operation.
The EX series establishes a new benchmark for precision, energy efficient injection moulding technologies.