OCME S.r.l. of Parma, Italy, represented in Australia by HBM Packaging Technologies , has refined their innovative tooling system that can be applied on new and existing shrinkwrappers to achieve packages with an easy to open film option.
A mechanical system applies micro-punches to the film prior to the wrapping process on the top, front and back of each pack. The base surface is left unpunched, which will not compromise the stability of the package.
Features of the open shrinkwrap system include:
* Improved package appeal to the consumer
* Perforating mechanism that can be retrofitted on existing OCME shrinkwrap machines and is available on new equipment as a low cost option
* Pack integrity is maintained
* Graphics and aesthetic appeal are not affected by the perforations
* Product differentiation means higher sales
* Easy open system provides logistical simplification and OHS benefits.
Other state-of-the-art packaging technologies from OCME include:
* Volumetric and level fillers
* Shrinkwrappers, case packers and divider inserters
* Traditional and robotic palletisers
* Automatic guided vehicles.