Leading global supplier of kegging and bottling equipment, CoMac of Italy recently installed a complete keg line for the Grupo Modelo company at their brewery in Piedra Negras, Mexico.
Grupo Modelo, a leading Mexican manufacturer of beer produces 65 million hectolitres annually across 13 brands including the flagship brand, Corona Extra. The company also produces and distributes bottled water under a strategic alliance with Nestle Waters.
As part of the kegging equipment line, CoMac installed an HS6T medium speed washing and filling machine that came complete with an automatic palletiser/ depalletiser.
Key features of the HS6T washing and filling machines:
- 6-head automatic keg washer/ filler that internally washes and cleans the kegs prior to filling
- Processes different types of kegs without manual intervention for changeover
- Keg loading/ unloading system designed to reduce maintenance requirement
- Allows increased operation times and machine reliability
- Equipped with high-efficiency and energy saving motors
- Operating speed of 120/180 kph
- Semi-automatic single head or twin head washing/filling units with integrated CIP tanks for microbreweries
- In-line five- or six-head machines for medium outputs
- Fully automatic combination keg de- and re-palletiser up to 1200 kph
- Flash pasteuriser with inverter controls, keg tilting machine, weighing units, keg leakage control units, ink jet coding station, keg labelling, automatic spear tightening and on-line label printing