Available now from H2O Rx / Chemical System Consulting the Model 2900 variable flow static mixer significantly reduces head loss at maximum flow, while maintaining thorough, consistent mixing through a 20:1 turndown ratio.
This innovatively designed variable flow static mixer features two in-line wafer type mixers; one stationary and one mounted on a pivot that adjusts incrementally to changing flow conditions. It is designed to literally "go with the flow" in response to a differential pressure controller; remaining wide open when operating at maximum flow velocity to reduce headloss, and closing as flow decreases to enhance mixing turbulence and retain more constant differential pressure across the mixers.
The wafer type mixer featured in this variable flow static mixer is a radical departure from conventional vane type static mixers. It's computer designed, geometric shape creates vortex shedding and shear-induced turbulence, which effectively mixes the injected fluid(s) with the main process stream.
The key features and advantages of the Model 2900 variable flow static mixer include:
- accommodates a wide range of flow rates without excessive headloss at maximum flow
- significantly reduces headloss at high rates of flow
- dramatically improves mixing at low rates of flow
- excellent mixing as low as .5 FPS
- Alden lab test verify excellent mixing from .5 to 10 FPS
- available in line sizes 3/8" to 120" diameter
- short laying length
- integral injection fittings
- predictable mixing
- easy installation
- long service life; and
- low maintenance requirements.
- municipal and industrial water treatment
- chemical blending
- dissolving gases
- contact chambers
- polymer blending
- flocculant blending
- pH control
- potable water
- waste water; and