The Monark and the President pumps from Graco are suitable for airless paint spray applications.
These pumps have been refined over the years, in terms of longer life and adapting them to changing paint specifications.
Energy efficiency has pushed engineering to come up with a pump with increased performance, in terms of less energy consumption, less pulsation in the spray pattern and less maintenance. Graco have improved the ergonomics and diagnostic tools, thus providing easy operation.
Graco have taken steps to develop and, through acquisitions of targetted companies have obtained new technologies. These technologies are incorporated into design updates for their various pumplines and are implemented on a set of products such as the NXT air motors for Protective Coatings pumps.
As an alternative to Monark and President air motors, Graco have developed a new line of Merkur air motors/spray packages.
The new line of Merkur air motors/spray packages achieve the right flows at the right pressures to fit a user’s spraying needs. With four air motor sizes and 13 different models to choose from, the Merkur line of fine finish spray packages are designed to improve productivity, reduce costs, lower emissions and provide consistent, high quality finishes for demanding applications.
Merkur air motors/spray packages have the following features:
- Better technology air motor
- Low air consumption for increased efficiency
- Muffler spray packages provide low operating noise levels
- External valve access allows for easy servicing and online replacement to minimise downtime
- Operator control panel located at operator height for easy setting and monitoring
- Throat seal and rod enclosure protect pumped material and wet cup from contamination and can be easily removed to monitor and service.
The following are the applications that use Merkur air motors/spray packages:
- Air-assisted wood finishing supply pump
- Air-assisted general metal finishing supply pump
- Wood furniture and cabinetry finishing applications
- General metal finishing applications
The following are the benefits of Merkur air motors/spray packages:
- Air Valve provides smooth and rapid changeover
- Quick removal coupler allows for easy disassembly of the pump lower from the air motor
- Cylinder and displacement rod designed to handle a range of coatings
- Extended wet cup for external filling and monitoring of Throat Seal Liquid (TSL) levels
- Throat and piston packings are self-adjusting and spring-loaded
- 360 degree Inlet Swivel makes it easy to access the pail from any location.
Merkur air motors/spray packages have the following options:
- Users can choose between airless, air assisted and air assisted electrostatic spray technologies.
- Users can decide which mounting configuration fits their needs. Cart, wall or stand mounts are available.
- Graco packages include a variety of accessories such as siphon hose, hopper, heater and filter options.