Gorter Hatches has developed the Scissor Stair Attic Ladders, a system that overcomes the inconvenient and unsafe problems produced from accessing the roof through a suspended ceiling. This system involves a series of steps that span the distance between a suspended ceiling and the roof without missing a single step. It also maintains the same incline as the stair reaching the ceiling. The Scissor Stair Attic has a system to safely span the gap between attic ladder and roof.
Features of the Scissor Stair Attic:
- Suitable for floor ceiling heights up to 3.5 metres.
- A telescopic handrail is mounted on each attic ladder for safety.
- Less than 3kg of force is required for operation.
- High strength design allows heavy duty access for both industrial and domestic use.
- Comes with a hinged ceiling panel, so when not in use, it becomes almost invisible within the ceiling.
- Available in a variety of sizes.
Gorter Hatches roof hatches and attic ladders comply with the Australian, European and National standards. They are made from large aluminium steps that are anti-skid and the pivot system allows adjusted attic ladders to be perfectly horizontal regardless of the incline of the stair.
Gorter Hatches Scissor Stair Attic Ladders are available in a fire rated option and electrically operated option.