The vents designed to be installed either on roofs or in facades are equipped with the unique Explosion Release Control (ERC), European patent No. 1870542. The ERC releases immediately if the pressure on the inside cover exceeds ca. 100 kg force (Report Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics, AMOLF, Amsterdam). Besides, the ERC is to be used in combination with a standard cylinder lock, and replaces the standard stationary catch. The opening force is specified at approximately 100 kgf (980 N).
The catch in these vents is held into its closed position by the tension of the springs. A specific pressure on the door in the opening direction will force the catch to rotate around the hinge pins; this movement increases the tension of the springs. The chosen dimensions of the springs result in a maximum tension force at minimum building space.
Other features of the explosion vents type EXW for installation in facades include:
- Extruded aluminium sections with insulators.
- Door with insulated aluminium panel
- Door opens in outside direction.
- Gasket all around
- Powder coated in a RAL colour (to be specified).
- System hinges.
- Explosion Release Control that opens at a pressure > 1,2 kN on inside door leaf (Patent No. 2000211)
- Cylinder lock with ½ Euro cylinder