FTDI, available through Glyn High-Tech Distribution , has released VDRIVE1 evaluation module for its Vinculum family of embedded USB host controller devices.
The VDRIVE1 evaluation module provides an easy solution for adding a USB Flash disk interface to an existing product. Only four signal lines plus 5V supply and ground are required to be connected to it. Using the Vinculum VDIF firmware the VNC1L-1A’s I/O interface can be selected between the serial UART or SPI using the on-board jumper pins. VDRIVE1 is designed for evaluation and development of VNC1L-1A applications. With its attractive quantity discount structure, VDRIVE1 module is also suitable for incorporation into finished product designs.
The VDRIVE1 is ideal for commercial products such as domestic goods, set top box, etc. as well as industrial products such as data loggers, software upgradeable products, etc.
Key features of VDRIVE1 module:
- Uses FTDI’s VNC1L-1A embedded USB host controller IC
- USB A type socket to connect USB flash disk
- Only four signals to connect, excluding power and ground
- Jumper selectable UART or SPI interfaces
- Single 5V supply input
- Power indicator and USB traffic indicator LEDs
- Uses Vinculum VDIF firmware and command set
- Program or update firmware via USB flash disk or via UART or SPI interface
- VNC1L-1A firmware programming control pins PROG# and RESET# brought out onto jumper interface
- VDIP1 is a Pb-free, RoHS complaint development module
- Schematics, and firmware files available for download