Cyan, available through Glyn High-Tech Distribution , have introduced the USB / Ethernet-Solved Development Kit, which allows projects based around USB and Ethernet to be created quickly and easily.
The USB / Ethernet-Solved Development Kit builds on the USB-Solved and Ethernet-Solved frameworks to give complete solutions in a matter of minutes.
The user can add USB or Ethernet functionality to an existing embedded system or create new solutions using the USB / Ethernet-Solved Development Kit as a foundation.
Application areas include Industrial communications e.g. web server link to sensors, serial to USB or Ethernet conversion, Ethernet connection to USB hosted peripherals. Products requiring large quantities of Flash memory and high performance analogue to digital or digital to analogue conversion are particularly well served.
- Cy-Solved solution for Ethernet and USB embedded applications
- Ready-to-go eCOG1X microcontroller project examples templates including webserver utilising FAT file system USB memory stick
- Easy customisation using free of charge CyanIDE2 tools
- Drag and drop software components, including USB and Ethernet stacks
- Includes unrestricted CyanIDE 2 IDE, compiler, toolchain and high speed eICE dongle
- eCOG1X14Z5 microcontroller:
- 512KB flash
- 24KB SRAM
- 4x UART
- 12-bit 200ksps ADC
- 2-bit DAC
- 10/100 Ethernet
- USB 2.0 compatible host/slave/OTG peripheral
- 16MB SDRAM
- Ethernet PHY and RJ45 connector
- USB connectors for use with internal PHY (LS,FS) and external PHY (HS)
- RS232 Buffer 1x channel
Example project templates provided for the following:
- Webserver serves pages over Ethernet to a standard browser that has been stored on a standard external USB memory stick. The pages can be updated remotely using FTP
- Data logging from an analogue channel to a USB flash disc
- DNS Resolver
- Ethernet stack, with
- ICMP (Ping)
- DHCP Client
- HTTP Web Server
- Telnet Server
- FTP Server
- USB stack, with:
- Keyboard device
- Audio device
- CDC Serial (Q3 2008)
- MSD device
- FAT File System.
- CYDF Driver Framework
Rapid code development using CyanIDE 2:
CyanIDE 2 provides an Eclipse based software development environment with production quality gcc based toolchain.
Using the CyanIDE Configurator, software components and hardware modules are selected using drag and drop and configured with an easy to use GUI based property editor.