Leading M2M specialist Telit introduces the GE864-GPS, the new and efficient quad band GSM/GPRS M2M module with embedded GPS receiver in a compact BGA form factor. The new 2G module adds GPS functionality to the established GE864 family.
The quad band GSM/GPRS M2M 2G modules are especially suitable for highly integrated positioning solutions in automotive, tracking or security applications requiring 2G network connectivity in a very small footprint.
The new GE864-GPS shares the identical form factor and is pin-to-pin compatible with Telit's successful GE864 family, making it one of the smallest GSM/GPRS modules in the market with full 48-channel A-GPS functionality.
By eliminating connectors in the design, the cost is significantly reduced when compared to conventional mounting technologies.
The GSM/GPRS quad band M2M modules are packed with highly functional features, resulting in a very cost effective and well equipped platform.
Key features of the new GE864-GPS M2M modules:
- Combines the high performance of Telit's proven GSM/GPRS core technology with the latest SiRFstarIV high sensitivity single-chip A-GPS receiver
- New assisted GPS receiver features an optimised power management function, which enables hot start capability at minimal energy consumption
- Position resolution accuracy of less than 2.5m
- Supports satellite-based augmentation systems such as WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS and GAGAN
- Dedicated power supply circuit allows the GPS chipset to work independently from the GSM chipset and still operate when the cellular part is in power-saving mode or switched off
- Ideal for battery-operated solutions that activate the communication function only upon triggering events
- GPS receiver is equipped with a flash-based memory to enable easy firmware upgrades
- Ultra small Ball-Grid-Array package (30 x 30 x 2.9mm) allows the end application to have a very low profile and small overall dimensions
- Compact size facilitates the design of extremely compact location-based services solutions
- Embedded Python script interpreter
- Jamming detection
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Easy Scan
- Supports remote upgrade capability
Telit products are available through Glyn High-Tech Distribution .