Glyn High-Tech Distribution announces the availability of FlyPort, the OpenPicus compact wireless module based on Microchip PIC24FJ processor and the new Microchip wifi certified transceiver MRF24WB0MA/RM.
Using the free IDE, developing apps on these wireless modules is low cost and well industrialised platform to let your ideas go straight to the market. OpenPicus is open source hardware and software wireless project to enable Smart Sensors and Internet of Things.
A USB nest is also available for the Wi-Fi module to be able to easily connect to a PC and use the free IDE.
Features of the FlyPort, wireless module include:
- CPU: Microchip PIC 24FJ256GA106 processor (256K Flash,16K RAM,16 MIPS)
- Wi-fi: MRF24WB0MA/RM wi-fi certified transceiver (fully Wi-Fi compliant and certified b/g/n)
- I/O: digital, analog, UART, SPI, I2C, PWM
- Power: 5V or 3.3V DC
- Weight: 11 grams
- Dimension: 35 x 48mm.
- 5 Digital Inputs 5V Tolerant
- 5 Digital Outputs (4 can be used as PWM, 3,3V level)
- 4 Analog Inputs (10bits ADC, VRef=2,048V 1bit=2mV)
- 1 x UART, 1 x SPI, 1 x I2C
- 1 Reset (Active Low)
- Power Supply (5V or 3.3V)
- Manage sensors
- Manage actuators
- Create micro web servers
- Create complex network of sensors/actuators based on the existing Wi-Fi networks