Telit Wireless Solutions, a leading global provider of high-quality machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions and available from Glyn High-Tech Distribution , recently introduced a Mini PCI Express card with an embedded M2M module designed for industrial applications.
Telit's HE910-based Mini-PCIe adapter card enables secure 3G cellular data, voice and video communication for embedded PCs in a variety of commercial and industrial applications, including ATMs, kiosks, digital signage, surveillance, fleet management, and other applications benefitting from always-on wireless data connection, monitoring, and control.
The ‘plug-and-play’ Mini PCI Express card slot and 52-pin card edge connector allows application developers to easily integrate M2M capabilities into their solutions.
Dominikus Hierl, chief marketing officer at Telit Wireless Solutions explains that cellular Mini PCI Express cards have previously been a niche market but which is expected to grow significantly with the increase of M2M applications and the need for both high-performance motherboards and cellular connectivity for remote, off-site solutions.
Key features of Telit's HE910-based Mini-PCIe adapter cards:
- Designed for M2M applications requiring high bandwidth and worldwide coverage
- Combines premium radio access technology UMTS/HSPA+ with backward compatibility to GSM, GPRS and EDGE networks
- Includes HSDPA 21.0 Mbps (Cat 14), HSUPA 5.7 Mbps (Cat 6), embedded TCP/IP protocol stack and custom Telit AT commands
- Support for USB and RIL drivers for Windows and Linux environments available
- Integrated high sensitivity A-GPS functionality can be added optionally
Since 2012, Telit has been part of an elite group of associate members in the Intel Intelligent Systems Alliance, a worldwide technology program providing hardware, software, firmware, tools and systems integration for embedded systems based on Intel technology.