Future Technology Devices International Limited (FTDI), available through Glyn High-Tech Distribution adds a new single channel Hi-Speed USB device to its portfolio of USB interface IC products.
The FT232H USB2.0 Hi-Speed device is a versatile single channel USB to UART/FIFO interface IC device that can be configured via EEPROM to use a variety of different serial or parallel interfaces.
Bundled with FTDI's proven USB device drivers, this solution minimises design and support effort by engineers while adding Hi-Speed USB connectivity into new and legacy peripheral designs.
The associated UM232H evaluation module allows engineers to quickly prototype and test the FT232H’s suitability for incorporation into new system designs.
The highly integrated USB device controller contains USB, serial and parallel protocol engines, eliminating any requirement for USB-specific firmware development.
The device supports IO interface levels of 3.3V with 5V tolerant inputs, making it suitable for connection to a wide variety of logic, MPUs and FPGAs.
Key features of the FT232H USB2.0 Hi-Speed device:
- Supports asynchronous serial (UART) interfacing
- Supports interface to many synchronous IOs such as SPI, I²C, JTAG and FPGA programming interfaces via inbuilt Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine (MPSSE)
- Capable of communication speeds up to 30Mbits/s, MPSSE can be used by design engineers to implement their own synchronous serial bus protocols
- Integrated 1.8V and 3.3V low drop-out (LDO) voltage regulators reduce external component requirements
- 1 Kbyte transmitter and receiver data buffers coupled with USB2.0 Hi-Speed technology offer enhanced data throughput and reduced latency response times
- Operational temperature range of -40ºC to +85ºC
- Royalty-free drivers for Windows, Linux, Mac and WinCE operating systems are available for download from the FTDI website
- Package options: 48-pin LQFP (FT232HL) or 48-pin QFN (FT232HQ) Pb-free packages