Bluegiga, available through GLYN High-Tech Distribution, introduces its C-tick approved Bluetooth WRAP Access Server for Bluetooth networking.
WRAP Access Server is a cutting edge wireless Bluetooth router, supporting multiple communication standards including Ethernet, WiFi, and GSM/GPRS enabling full media-independent TCP/IP connectivity.
WRAP Access Server is easy to deploy and manage in existing wired and wireless networks without compromising speed or security. For fast deployment, WRAP Access Server configurations can easily be copied from one device to another using USB memory dongles.
The device can be conveniently managed and upgraded remotely over SSH secured links and by supporting SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol), WRAP Access Servers can also be connected to customer’s management and monitoring systems.
WRAP Access Server is targeted at system integrators and original equipment manufacturers wanting to deploy a secure, cost effective, low power consuming and up to 100-meter range wireless network for Bluetooth-equipped devices.
These devices include products such as barcode readers, pay-terminals, medical instruments, special purpose PDAs and mobile phones, and telemetry and machine-to-machine units.
Available with an optional mounting accessory, WRAP Access Server can be firmly and securely placed on walls and ceilings.
Key features of the WRAP Access Server:
- Enables Bluetooth networking between multiple devices
- Serves up to 21 simultaneous Bluetooth connections
- Offers an open platform for adding local applications
- Acts as a transparent router or bridge
Supports all key communication Medias:
- WiFi, GSM, and GPRS with CF card
- USB and RS232
- Incorporates packet filtering firewall
- Point-of-sales systems
- Logistics and transportation systems
- Telemetry and machine-to-machine systems
- Medical and healthcare systems
- Fitness and sport telemetry systems
- Cable replacement
- Content and application distribution to mobile phones and PDAs
- Bluetooth version 1.1 and 1.2 compliant
- RFCOMM, HCI, L2CAP, SDP, LAP, SPP, PAN, ObjP and FTP
- Point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, Piconet and Scatternet
- Class 1, up to 100 meters, Software configurable to support class 2, up to 10 meters
- Full TCP/IP support
- Transparent router or bridge
- Packet filtering firewall
- With optional compact flash card WiFi 802.11b or GSM and GPRS
- Remote management and monitoring software